The Spirit of Texas FestivalJanuary 23, 2018
Free Personal Tax Preparation Support Now Available at B/CS LibrariesJanuary 23, 2018
Spice up your Super Bowl Sunday with this recipe for Freebirds homemade Grilled Pineapple Arbol Chile Salsa!
Grilled Pineapple Arbol Chile Salsa
Courtesy of Culinary Director James Sanchez | Austin
Arbol Chile Salsa
- 1 c arbol chile peppers, dry
- 1 ea garlic clove
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ c water
- Toast arbol chiles on medium hot skillet for approximately 4-6 minutes. You should get a nice aromatic chile smell.
- Place arbol chiles into blender along with garlic, water, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend on high until pulverized.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- ½ ea pineapple
- ¼ c red onion, finely diced
- ¼ c red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ c jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ c cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ cup arbol salsa (see above)
- Cut, peel and core pineapple.
- Slice pineapple lengthwise into ½ inch slices.
- Rub pineapple with olive oil and place on hot grill.
- Grill for approximately 2-3 minutes or until pineapple is softened and slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool cut into medium size cubes and place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add diced red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, lime juice, sugar along with arbol salsa and cilantro leaves.
- Mix well and chill until ready to serve.