Celebrate the Arts: L’Orient ExpressSeptember 2, 2016
Service Above Self: The Rotarians of Bryan/College StationSeptember 2, 2016
Courtesy of Texas Beef Council
Steak Lover’s Signature Rub
- 2.5 Tbsp. chile powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground coffee
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1.5 tsp. oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. minced garlic, dried
- 2 tsp. medium ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp. coriander
- 1.5 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
- Tested with strip steak using 3 tsp. seasoning for one steak cooked on a gas grill.
- Tested as well with a strip steak, same amount of seasoning using the oven method.
- Sear on stove top in cast iron skillet, finish in the oven at 400°F degrees.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Use for seasoning your favorite beefsteaks.
Hoisin Bbq Steak-On-A-Stick With Pineapple Salsa
- 1-1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced hothouse cucumber
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional)
- Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl; set aside.
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces. Thread beef pieces evenly onto four 10 to 12-inch metal skewers.
- Season kabobs evenly with pepper.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush beef generously with some of reserved sauce mixture.
- Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture. Season beef with salt, if desired.
- Serve kabobs topped with Pineapple Salsa.