Help celebrate the 9th annual Buffalo Stampede Half Marathon and 5k Race by entering the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History’s Art Challenge!
Have a bison-sized talent for drawing? Submit original bison art by May 19, and it could win a place on a billboard!
Students may draw or paint original bison art to enter. The top 3 entries will be displayed at the museum during Boonville Days and the winning entry will be featured on a local billboard! Students may draw or paint original bison art to enter. The top 3 entries will be displayed at the Museum during Boonville Days and the winning entry will be featured on a local billboard!
The Buffalo Art Challenge is open to students in grades six through eight.
- Only one entry per artist. Each entry must be the sole work of the artist.
- Entries should be original works of art (no tracings or computer generated material). Artwork must be two dimensional, submitted on flat paper – please do not roll or fold. Entries should be no larger than 18 x 24.
- Any medium may be used (pen and ink, crayon, paint, pencil, pastel, watercolor, etc.).
- Entries should have the following information securely affixed to the back: name of artist, age, grade, contact name and telephone number.
- Entries must be received at the museum by May 19th.
- The top 3 entries will be selected for display during Boonville Days, Saturday, October 14, and the overall winner’s art will be featured on a billboard advertising Boonville Days.
- A complete entry form must be submitted with each artist’s entry.
- Entries will not be returned but may be picked up after October 15. Entries not picked up by January 1, 2018 will become the property of BVMNH.
- By entering, the artist gives the museum permission to use their artwork for promotional/noncommercial purposes. All entries may be publicly displayed by the museum.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, use of medium, use of space, and clarity.
- The contest winners will be announced on May 25