Downtown Bryan Association to Launch Mural ProjectApril 18, 2017
New Exhibit at the Children’s Museum of the Brazos ValleyApril 18, 2017
Help celebrate the 9th annual Buffalo Stampede Half Marathon and 5k Race by entering the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History’s Art Challenge!
Have a bison-sized talent for drawing? Submit original bison art by May 19, and it could win a place on a billboard!
Students may draw or paint original bison art to enter. The top 3 entries will be displayed at the museum during Boonville Days and the winning entry will be featured on a local billboard! Students may draw or paint original bison art to enter. The top 3 entries will be displayed at the Museum during Boonville Days and the winning entry will be featured on a local billboard!
The Buffalo Art Challenge is open to students in grades six through eight.
- Only one entry per artist. Each entry must be the sole work of the artist.
- Entries should be original works of art (no tracings or computer generated material). Artwork must be two dimensional, submitted on flat paper – please do not roll or fold. Entries should be no larger than 18 x 24.
- Any medium may be used (pen and ink, crayon, paint, pencil, pastel, watercolor, etc.).
- Entries should have the following information securely affixed to the back: name of artist, age, grade, contact name and telephone number.
- Entries must be received at the museum by May 19th.
- The top 3 entries will be selected for display during Boonville Days, Saturday, October 14, and the overall winner’s art will be featured on a billboard advertising Boonville Days.
- A complete entry form must be submitted with each artist’s entry.
- Entries will not be returned but may be picked up after October 15. Entries not picked up by January 1, 2018 will become the property of BVMNH.
- By entering, the artist gives the museum permission to use their artwork for promotional/noncommercial purposes. All entries may be publicly displayed by the museum.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, use of medium, use of space, and clarity.
- The contest winners will be announced on May 25